March 18, 2017 - March 19, 2017
March 18-19, 2017,
Sat 9:30am to 9pm,Sun 9:30am to 6pm,Cost: $750 per couple ($700 per couple if registered by March 11, 2017)Location: Joe Kort and Associates: 25600 Woodward Ave, Suite 215, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Do you want an overview of the workshop?
Many people have questions about confidentiality?
What happens at the weekend workshop?
How many couples? What is IMAGO relationship therapy?
Dr. Kort will answer these questions and more at a free live phone class February 13, 2017 8PM eastern time. To get the call-in information click here.
Limited to 10 couples. Pre-registration is required.
Your participation will give you:
- New communication skills that break destructive cycles of relating.
- Greater compassion and understanding of yourself and your partner
- An understanding that the unconscious forces that attract you to your partner are also the source of conflict
- Awareness of how to use your relationship for mutual healing and fulfillment
- Ideas for re-establishing the excitement and connection of your early time together
“I forgot how much we used to laugh”. Participant
The workshop includes a manual which you will be using throughout the weekend to write down effective ways to personally communicate with your partner. You will take the manuals with you following the workshop to continue doing the work. There is no unwanted sharing nor is there much interaction from one couple to another.. Many have concerns there will be group therapy dynamics however this is not the case.
This weekend couples workshop is based on Imago Relationship Therapy, as developed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and explained in his book, Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples.
A 50% deposit is required to reserve a spot, with the balance due 7 days before the start of the workshop. The registration fee includes the workshop itself, workbooks, and coffee and tea. Meal breaks and accommodations are not included in the workshop price. You will receive a email confirmation of the receipt along with logistics for the weekend once we have processed your registration fee. If you have to cancel and do so at least 7 days before the workshop, all but $100 of your registration fee will be refunded to you. No refunds will be made if (1) you cancel less than 7 days before the workshop; (2) you do not attend; and (3) you do not complete the workshop.
Presenter: Joe Kort, Ph.D.Joe Kort is a Nationally Certified Imago Therapist trained to work with couples and singles. He is also a Nationally Certified Workshop Presenter for “Getting The Love You Want” which qualifies him to provide these weekends. Joe’s Masters Degrees have prepared him for both psychology and social work. He is dedicated to the well-being of all couples, both gay and straight alike. Joe offers individual, group and couples psychotherapy.
This workshop will benefit you if:
- You experienced infidelity and betrayal and want to gain back trust in the relationship
- You want to enrich a good relationship
- You are beginning a relationship you want to keep
- You are in a difficult relationship and you want to resolve longstanding conflicts
- You are near break-up and want to decide if the relationship can be saved
“Sometimes the book is better than the movie, but with this weekend, I think the movie (the workshop) is better to go to first and then the book”. Participant